> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > A local issue is NOT a NATIONAL problem.
Login | Register

A local issue is NOT a NATIONAL problem.

Posted by Jim -ATS on April 25th, 2000 03:47 PM
In reply to Jim by keiser on April 25th, 2000 02:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

Your local Sears was managed by an IDIOT. No one on this site is arguing with that. Sears unconditional warranty is very specific about what SHOULD have happened to you and your tools, and in fact, according to you, OTHER Sears stores have offered to honor the warranty.

However, continuing to complain about the poor customer service experience you recieved at YOUR Sears store is inappropriate. I don't really give a hoot about your experience at this point, because I know it is a LOCALIZED problem. It would be like me getting on the board and complaining that my local McDonald's manager was a jerk, that my hamburger was cold and my apple pie was hot lava, and so everyone in the country should stop eating at McDonald's because my McDonald's was managed by a jerk.

I know that I can take anything in my craftsman tool set into any one of several Sears stores in my area and the warranty will be honored. I know this because I've done it.

You were treated badly, and you exercised your right to a remedy. That remedy is that you now have a garage full of HUSKY tools. You have suffered no loss other than the ulcer in your stomach because you can't seem to let go of the incident.

I'll say this one last time. If you don't like the way you were treated, don't tell us. We can't do anything about it, and we're beginning not to care anyway. Tell your attorney general, the BBB, and Sears National.

I am not crying, sir. And I certainly am not saying "screw you" as you so eloquently put it. Just let it rest, and move on with your life and your Huskey tools.

Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC