> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > A 'Late' Follow-up ...
Login | Register

A 'Late' Follow-up ...

Posted by Jay J on August 29th, 2000 07:00 AM
In reply to kitchen flooring by Patty Alston on August 28th, 2000 04:16 PM [Go to top of thread]

This post is really getting buried. I caught it by chance ...

Anyways, cork flooring is OK as long as you don't mind a 'soft' and 'bouncy' floor. You WON'T get the feel of a hardwood floor nor the sound of one. Cork is just a less-expensive substrate applied to parquet and other types of flooring. If you want to 'feel' the merits and drawbacks of different types of flooring, you need to walk on them in their 'natural environments'. In other words, don't test-walk on a sample floor in a store that's 'set' on top of a carpeted floor. The carpet in the Retailer's showroom will 'soften' the feel. You need to walk on it as if it was installed in your home. If you have a cement slab, walk on a cork-type floor (or whatever) that's on a cement slab. If the floor in your home is 3/4" sub-floor on 16" OC joists, walk on a sample floor that's laying over that. Otherwise, you will be 'misleading' yourself!

That's my opinion. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: If you want more info, e-mail me directly or post a new question. As mentioned, I 'stumbled' on your question. (It's best-served if you have a question that's posted as an 'original post'. Where it is now, it 'looks' like a follow-up ...)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC