> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > A Good Start ...
Login | Register

A Good Start ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on December 13th, 2000 09:43 AM
In reply to Hungry puppy... by Wick on December 12th, 2000 04:46 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Lisa,

The 'list' that Wick has provided is what I'd characterize as 'a good start'. There are LOTS of links to point you in the right direction.

However, I read that you want to attempt this fix yourself. With that, I spent about 10 minutes trying some of the above links but none of the 'few' I read had DIY info. Soooo, if you want to peruse them yourself, certainly they're there for your perusing. If you're unable to find a link that suits your needs, try The Carpet Organization and

Both have the means to allow you to contact the Site with your question. You might want to get the specific carpet info that you have. (If you don't have it at home, ctc the installer OR the Retailer. This info should be in one of their files ...) This way, the Carpet Folks can be very specific in their answer. (There are SO many types of carpet out there!) Also, tell them how old the area in question is, or how worn it is. (You see, the damaged area MAY be 10 years old BUT may not be 'worn' because it's in a corner. Hence, it's 'like new'. OR, the damaged area may be 10 years old and TOTALLY worn because it's at at location where you walk. See what I mean? The carpet's 'condition' will make a difference.) And lastly, tell them the proximity of the damaged area to the 2 nearest walls. Oh, and how BIG the damaged area is.

Other than that, you might be best served to cover up the damaged area. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC