> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > A/C
Login | Register

Posted by Ron J. on September 21st, 2002 05:57 AM
In reply to A/C run continously by Kofi Annan on September 20th, 2002 10:35 AM [Go to top of thread]

Let me see if I can give a better answer than " Dunno ". If the unit is running continously, the air inside is not reaching the proper temp. Being that the unit overheats tells me the outside coils may need cleaning. A good cleaning. Now that I think about it,only the compressor shuts down because of overheating,not the fans. Only time will reset the compressor. It has to cool off.Cold air should blow out all the time the unit is on , not just for two minutes. I know you want to fix this yourself,but do yourself a favor and call a professional.Even if you found the problem is the freon,you can't buy it. Have them check the freon and clean the coils. The money you save on a properly running A/C , will pay for the service call. Write back and let us know what they found. Caution; contact a company with a good reputation,stay with the tech and make him prove everything ha finds wrong. Don't let him replace parts not needed. Good luck, Ron J.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC