> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > A Bit More Info ...
Login | Register

A Bit More Info ...

Posted by Jay J on August 25th, 1998 04:00 PM
In reply to 200 amp service by Jay J on August 25th, 1998 08:38 AM [Go to top of thread]

As TomR says, 'upgrading' to 200 amp service is more than just replacing the panel.

In addition to what I wrote in my first follow-up, here's more. Our service wire is underground too. We had to have the main that comes into the house from the meter replaced with a line that's capeable of handling the load. To be more clear on my original follow-up, if all I got was an upgrade which included the panel, the main line replacement, and the 20 breakers, it would have only cost us $975. But since I had 2 new lines installed, plus, a 60 amp breaker & wire to my garage, the cost went up $250 more.

So TomR and I are pretty close in our estimates. His was $1060 and mine would be $975. I could have gotten it done for more or less $$$ but this contractor had done 3 other upgrades in the neighborhood and I was able to see the finished product in other neighbor's homes. So I went with a proven electrician.

Best to ya and hope this additional info helps.

Jay J

PS: TomR and I (as fate would have it) live about 1 hour apart. He on the northern side of Philly and I on the southern side.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC