> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > (You Know Who ...)
Login | Register

(You Know Who ...)

Posted by Jay J on November 15th, 1999 08:44 AM
In reply to Hey Jay J, Henry in MI, by pb on November 14th, 1999 12:55 AM [Go to top of thread]

1. No, I'm not officially associated w/this site.

2. Not to my knowledge have I read a Follow-up from Bob. HOWEVER, If my memory serves me well, I do remember Bob V. saying HEY to the board.

3. If you want to know about this Old / New Board thing, you can find a hugh thread on it. The most recent of which is The 64 million dollar question.

4. There are many home forum sites but it's a subjective call as to what's 'good' and what's not. If you use you favorite WEB search engine, and search for 'home improvement forum', you'll find many sites. From there, it's a matter of use. I would like to say that there are a few good, even great, sites that are VERY specific to subjects, like brick, retaining walls, flooring, etc., etc.. Those are always worth keeping.

5. Thanks, too, for the atta boy. It's always good to hear and would be really nice to get more when I/we have helped someone. For those of us that aren't officially on the staff (which is, if I'm not mistaken, all the 'regulars'), don't get paid for our advice. Although I'm not a professional in the trades, I've done a number of projects many times and am happy to help folks. All us regulars police each other. As a team, we're a team. I have to give credit to those IN the trades, even if they're only visiting us. Again, their $.02 is worth a heck of a lot more than mine, or anyone else's on the outside. I, personally, have an awful lot of philosophical help to offer too. I find myself going beyond a particular question's scope probably because I'm a Father and feel it's my duty to do it here too. (sic!) I hope I'm not confusing you. Ooops! There's that sound again of me falling off my soap box!

Stick around. And like me, you'll certainly learn lots. I do want to say thanks to in every respect for giving us this Forum. They've been most gracious in letting the board police itself. That's rewarding too.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC