> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > (To Finish Off ...)
Login | Register

(To Finish Off ...)

Posted by Jay J on November 29th, 1999 09:32 AM
In reply to Above Ground or In Ground ... by Jay J on November 29th, 1999 09:09 AM [Go to top of thread]

I wouldn't leave you hanging but I will say you're brave! There's one site, Pool Designs that has what you want but it won't load up completely for me. So, give this site a try over a few days to see if you can get 'through'.

A number of other sites are worth checking out. If they only list pre-built pools, contact them to see if they'll sell you plans.

Sundance Pools,
Pool Books (?),
Pools and Spas On-line,
Scott Pools,
Swimming Pools.

You'll have to get a number of permits and have a number of inspections. The building codes are strict for this because of the liabilities. If the pool is not properly permitted and/or not properly built, your insurance company may not pay a claim if there's any covered damage resulting from a non-conforming pool. If you're 'sour' with any of your neighbors, they may look for pay-back. (Please understand, I'm assuming you're trying to save a lot of $$$ by doing this job yourself. I could be completely wrong too.)

Going with my assumption, if you want to save some $$$, see if you can hook-up with someone that HELPS a contractor build pools. For some side-work money, he may be willing to help/guide you. And most likely, he knows all the permits and codes involved. I know, for me, I wouldn't mess with the construction aspect. The finishing aspect, I certainly would. (Fencing, sealing, decking, etc., etc..)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC