> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > (Thanks Henry!)
Login | Register

(Thanks Henry!)

Posted by Jay J on September 20th, 1999 10:29 AM
In reply to Engineered Flooring by Henry in MI on September 12th, 1999 12:30 AM [Go to top of thread]

Pergo is a popular product, hence, a popular subject on the Forum.

As Henry suggests, there are options out there. And, to make things more complicated, the options all have +'s and -'s. So, in short, depending on where and how you plan on using the floor is my method-of-choice as to which type of flooring to go with (vinyl and carpeting included.) Take some time to think about the room and its use. Pergo can't be refinished if it gets a lot of wear. Sure, almost anyone can install it. BUT, read the warranty BEFORE you buy. Engineered floors are nice because a competent DYIer can put it in. And, in some cases, you can get 2 to 3 refishes out of them like a true hardwood floor. And as for a TRUE hardwood floor, well, it's the ultimate in a number of limited ways.

For me, as much as I'd like hardwood in my kitchen, I have vinyl in it. I have a vinyl that wears a bit THROUGH the top layer. It's not a print vinyl. (Solarium by Armstrong, on the high end.) They're come a long way with vinyl so as I mentioned, it's worth looking into as well. For who knows how many years, homes had hardwood in kitchens and bathrooms. BUT, that flooring is NOT like today's hardwood. Today's is more expensive. And, in the old days, who ever refinished a wood floor?! There are a few links I can reference you to. If you have any questions, do feel free to post/e-mail there, or e-mail me DIRECTLy (since this post is getting 'old' on the Forum.)

Industry Research,
Laminate Flooring Forum, and
Pergo VS. The World!.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC