> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > "Synthetic Porcelain " OH BOY !!!
Login | Register

"Synthetic Porcelain " OH BOY !!!

Posted by Paul on April 3rd, 2003 10:49 AM
In reply to Reglazing Bathtub by cindy brunt on December 2nd, 2002 03:09 PM [Go to top of thread]

13 of 13 people found this post helpful

In reply to "yvette" from Perma Glaze .... I am so tired of hearing so called "professional reglazers State they use a "Synthetic Porcelain" in their finish with granulates of glass in it! "that is the best " That is so far from the truth, If they were granulates of "REAL GLASS" in a finsh this would not make it better "it would even make a finish of this kind very "GRITY" wouldn't you think! nor is there any finish produced in the market today that has "glass" chips or granulates in it! ..Porcelain is Glass that is "FIRED" at extreme temptures and poured into a mold which hardens very quickly !! this process CANNOT BE DONE IN YOUR HOME ! nor could it be bottled and sprayed on a tub. So don't be mislead by the term Synthetic Porcelain there is no such product..they may decide to call it that to mislead the consumer into beliving there getting something very close to a fired porclein finish , this pracrice is very misleading so BUYER BEWARE of misleading statements of this kind. You will find 60% of reglazers use a "epoxy" based top coat or primer which no one will admit to. then you have some who use an industrial paint such as car paint , plane coatings ETC (not very good)will only last 2 to 3 years if properly prepared and looks kind of likea pint job. Then you will find 30% of companys who use a type of Acrylic Urethane , but in most cases all primers are epoxy based. I Have been in the reglazing buisness for over 15 years now with over 3 locations. Im not looking to promote my company thru this site I just wanted to set the record straight! If your looking for a reglazer what you need to look for is a company who is licensed by your local Department of consumer affairs or at least with "BBB" with a good record , and if at all possible use some one who has a physical location that you can see there products. there are a lot of people running around using basic paints and working out of there garages and giving the industry a bad name,"Here today and gone "tomorow". Most importantly look out for people who use misleading statements such as "Synthetic Porcelian " "Liquid Porcelain" THERE IS NO SUCH PRODUCT OUT THERE!. Good luck !

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC