> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > "Two way" switch
Login | Register

"Two way" switch

Posted by JT on May 5th, 1998 01:34 PM
In reply to Wiring 2way switch. by Dick on April 25th, 1998 12:07 PM [Go to top of thread]

Dick, while your description of your switch as a
"two-way" switch is logical, it is actually called
a 3-way switch, a referance to the number
of wires that connect to it. What you purchased was
a regular on-off switch; go back and buy a 3-way
switch, it will have 3 terminls for the 3 wires. If
you don't remember exactly how the old one was connected,
go to the other switch an note which wires are
connected to the two terminals on one side and connect
those wires to the two terminals on the same side
of the new switch. Connect the remaining wire to the
last terminal.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC