> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > "cricket" for leaky roof
Login | Register

"cricket" for leaky roof

Posted by Rocky on June 5th, 2001 12:57 AM

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

my father-in-law has been fighting a leaky roof which has caused sustained interior damage. It seems that the roof-line of the house creates a flat valley which either allows water to run up and under the shingles on one side or the other or funnels water back under the overhang and under the shingles. It was suggested that we could have a "cricket" built between the two sides of the valley to funnel water away from the area. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of solution and can they give recommendations on the construction details of such a thing?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

  • Crickets by Russ in CA  6/6/01 02:29 PM
  • roof cricket by S chakrabarty  7/29/03 09:36 AM
  • Hey by Jess&Kesh  1/5/04 07:35 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC