> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > (Ooops!)
Login | Register

Posted by Jay J on July 12th, 2000 01:22 PM
In reply to interior paint by DIY'er on July 11th, 2000 06:41 PM [Go to top of thread]

Even though my 4-year-old owns stock in Home Depot, I would still suggest that you buy your paint from a PAINT RETAILER (found in the Yellow Pages under PAINT - RETAIL.) Having, personally, spoken to paint mfgrs. about the differances between the paint found in a Retail store, vs. paint found in the Home Centers, I've come to the conclusion that the quality is much higher in the Retail Stores.

Consumer Reports did write a recent issue on this subject. (My personal favorite, Finneran & Haley, was not featured because is local.) However, of all the Exterior Paints, Sears Easy Living Exterior Paint (I believe) faired better than the Retail Paint Store's paint. That's OK but with that, it's only 1 Home Center's brand vs. all the other non-home center brands that stood out. And it's just their exterior paint. If you go to Consumer Reports' WEB Site, you can order a back copy. (Sherwin-Williams and Benjamine Moore are my 2nd choice favorite . The same goes for deck stains too!)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC