> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > (Ooops!!!)
Login | Register

Posted by Jay J on June 23rd, 2000 03:47 PM
In reply to Oy Va ... by Jay J on June 23rd, 2000 03:43 PM [Go to top of thread]

You won't get much support on this Forum when it comes to painting paneling or floor tile. It's kinda like smoking. It's not sheik and it's bad for you too.

BUT, if you insist, here are a few links on and off of the Forum to help you. Painting Paneling I, Painting Paneling II, and How To Painting Paneling.

Save your $$$ to either cover over your paneling with drywall or ripping it out and hanging drywall in its place (even if there's drywall underneath it now.) I've seen painted paneling and the 'look' doesn't last long. We took our paneling out and hung up drywall. It's white and hasn't been 'touched' in 8 years.

Save your $$$ too for a new kitchen floor. As long as its in good shape, use it and abuse it until you have the $$$. Get estimates now for BOTH jobs to see how much you need. Forget about doing anything w/the tile seams. Repair them in the short term if they break or peal up.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: (Don't be surprised if you get a little 'abuse' for wanting to what you're asking. It is Friday, and some folks will be 'unwinding' ...)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC