> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > (Here We Go Again ...) And More For Jeff ...
Login | Register

(Here We Go Again ...) And More For Jeff ...

Posted by Jay J on May 4th, 2000 08:35 AM
In reply to Soaker hoses and stuff that Jim-ATS wouldn't understand. by X-guy on May 4th, 2000 07:17 AM [Go to top of thread]

Sounds original. Sounds like personal experience. Sounds like the X-guy would believe me if I told him I have a certified letter stating that the Brooklyn Bridge REALLY is for sale.

(Sorry, Jeff, if you want to know more about the X-guy, use your Browser's Find (or Search) Feature and search for the word guy. You'll see him listed as the X-guy, Tile Guy, Landlord Guy, Roofing Guy, Electrical Guy, and more.) No, I'm not an expert at anything in particular. I'm a humble person, and learn a lot more from experience than I do from just quoting from someone ELSE'S experiences..

Jim has given some great advice. One thing I suggest is that you hire a NEW construction Home Inspector. Make sure he's ASHI-Approved. They will set up a 'schedule' with you to inspect the home during particular phases of the construction. Usually, it's after the foundation is poured, the home is framed, the home is wired and plumbed, the roofing and siding is on, and the interior is finished. HOWEVER, your architect may provide this service already. (At least consult one and see what they provide with for their fee.) At worst, get an ASHI Approved Inspector on your own.

I have a few, unsolicited 'things' that you should have built into your home: Ridge vent and soffit vents, poured foundation and slab, 2 separate conduits running from the breaker-box in the basement to the attic (for low and HIGH voltage wires. Talk to your architect about the conduit size), wire every room for cable and phone, consult your architect about the different wiring available for electrical AND cable-phone-computers-satellite TV-and so on, design the exterior of the home to be as maintenance-free as possible. (There are more but I'll spare ya.)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC