> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > (Correction) To My Original Follow-up RE: URLs I Listed
Login | Register

(Correction) To My Original Follow-up RE: URLs I Listed

Posted by Jay J on January 21st, 1998 09:45 AM
In reply to old house inspection by *** **** on January 20th, 1998 05:54 PM [Go to top of thread]

The web is a powerful tool. I'm gonna give you a few tips on how to solve your current problem, and more.

First, as time goes on, you should begin to amass a list of Bookmars to the many Search Engines out on the web. There are sites like Alta Vista (a personal fav), Yahoo!, Deja News, Infoseek, only to name a few. You should familiarize yourself with, ultimately, how to use their ADVANCED search options. After a while, the BEGINNER level doesn't work for your purposes because once you learn the ADVANCED options, you say to yourself, "WOW! This is great stuff!" (Anyway ...)

Before you even pick up the phone, you ought to use the web to educate yourself. Buyer Beware! Go to this site Alta Vista Search and type in the following in the Search box (and press Search): +"how to choose" & +"home inspector"

There will be a plethera of results that point you, more or less, to web sites that talk about choosing a home inspector, and then some. The query basically chooses the web sites that have the 2 'word strings' on the pages. Some apply to what you want, others don't. As you become more and more experienced with searches, you'll learn how to 'sift' out the sites you don't want, and add to the query more specific info you want to include (and exclude) in your search results the sites you DO want.

Now, here's another web site to bookmark. Big Yellow Pages Go to the category box and enter in, Home & Building Inspection Services, as the category. Enter Bisbee as the City, and Arizona as the state. Then press Find. There! You have a couple of hits! If you have a map in hand, you can go BACK to the previous page, and change the city name to cities that surround Bisbee, like Sierra Vista. A 10 mile drive out there is only a 9 minute drive. It will add to your selection. Do read the info returned from the search carefully because sometimes you'll see web sites and 800 number listed. I'm sure you get the picture. USE THE WEB! Get your $$$s worth! At worst, you can call the Bisbee Chamber of Commerce and see if they can give you guidance. There are local governmental agencies out there too that can point you in the right direction (Dept of Licenses and Inspection, for example). Etc., etc.. ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC