> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Brownish Stain on Stipple Ceiling
Login | Register

Brownish Stain on Stipple Ceiling

Posted by Ron on February 18th, 2001 11:55 AM

I have a brownish stain that formed on the wall and stippled ceiling above the doorbell. Before the stain appeared the doorbell stopped working and only made a buzzing sound. I think it must have shorted out causing smoke to go up the wall and on the ceiling. It is a fairly new home and I can't find any cause of a water leak. As weird as it seems it must have been the doorbell that caused the stain. Has anyone heard of this happening.
Anyway, my builder spray painted over the stipple ceiling. Of course this just made things worse. Then my builder decides since the spray paint did not work that the drywall people should fix it. The drywall people sprayed a bleach solution over the stipple ceiling that was spray painted. This helped but I think this should have been done first. That is how it was left. The area of the stipple ceiling that was spray painted over has a shiny look and I still can tell that it does not match.
Is there any type of paint that matches stipple?
I have been told by stipple people that in order to fix this spot so that it matches with the rest of the stippled ceiling is to either paint the whole ceiling or re-stipple the ceiling. It seems like a lot of work just for a stain that is about 6 inches in diameter.Itis also too bad that this stain is on the ceiling of the foyer and the ceiling of the main floor is open throughout most of the main floor.
Any suggestions?

Thank You

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC