> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > (Actually, It's My Mom's Fault ...)
Login | Register

(Actually, It's My Mom's Fault ...)

Posted by Jay J on May 19th, 2000 11:04 AM
In reply to More Info for the big picture! by Blair Smith on May 19th, 2000 08:52 AM [Go to top of thread]

If there's someone I'm like, it's my Mom! My Dad is a good guy but he only 'planted the seed'. :)

Anyway, no, I haven't any personal experience with the 'stuff' I pointed you to. HOWEVER, it's commonly used these days. This may help explain why it makes the most sense to you. What you can do is, first, find out (again) exactly what the products are called that you're interested in. Secondly, take that 'info' w/you to a Roofing & Supply house and ask them where/what/how/why you'd use each one, one over the other. Obviously, they all accomplish the same thing. However, for example, their 'use' may be for different situations. See what I mean?

On the side, make sure your soffit vents are free and clear of insulation and obstructions. Make sure you don't store anything up in between the roof rafters. (This will inhibit the flow of air.) And when you decide which venting system to use, have it run end-to-end along the ridge. I'm not sure exactly how far in from the peak you should run the vent but ask at the Supply House. Other than that, maybe someone else has something to offer.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC