> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > 92 YR 92% Drain Problem
Login | Register

92 YR 92% Drain Problem

Posted by Paul L. Warbeck on November 11th, 2000 08:40 PM

I have a ninety two % in the family. It seems evry yr duruing winter I would have to flip the icu or as I call it the deadman switch to the furnace. (This is bbefore I was doing HVAC)the furnace was not comming on at all or it woulld be that it would shut off in the middle of the night I would flip the switch on and off a coouple of times and that would solve the problem. I just recently discovered that theDrain that gooman suplies is up to high. It comes off the purge motor the 2" pvc tee's off part of it goes down to the floor and the other is the exhaust that is vented out side. The part that goes down to the floor has a drain conected to it that is aprox 4" off the end of the pvc cap wich is conected by a tee to flexible pvc to the floor drain. The purge fan sits horizontal in the unit. It had been backed up by exhaust water What I had to do is Drill Another drain hole Closer to the cap so the water would drain out of the pvc and not back up into the purge motor so far so good. the purge motor stays cooler and the unit stays on.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

• by  12/31/69 07:00 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC