> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > 80MGF2-75A-1 intermittent problem
Login | Register

80MGF2-75A-1 intermittent problem

Posted by Bruce on March 7th, 2003 06:10 PM
In reply to Lennox Furnace Problem by Dan B on December 1st, 1997 07:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

I worked on the furnace from hell today! The burner was lighting on a call for heat from the thermostat, but only staying on for a second or two and every maybe third or fourth trial the flame would roll out from the burner, so I removed the flamerod and cleaned it with sandcloth and reinstalled it. Same problem! I noticed when the flame came on the flamerod didn't look like it was in line with the flame, so I went to the Lennox dealer for answers. They sold me a replacement kit(62K50) that is supposed to put the flamerod in the proper position. Well I installed the new part but the problem is the same.So I figured it had to be the ignition board(65K07) but that also didn't help! Installed a new gas valve didn't help! Changed the hose on the air proving switch! Changed the air proving switch with a used one which brought on the burner a lot longer than previously but still cutting the burner out. Also with the burner on, if I take off the chimney cleanout cap the burner goes out and when I put the cap back on it fires up again.I'm not sure what else to chage to make this furnace run properly.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC