> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > 2 good answers
Login | Register

2 good answers

Posted by Henry in MI on April 28th, 2001 09:26 AM
In reply to Laminate floor on stairs by Dale Valeri on April 27th, 2001 07:51 PM [Go to top of thread]

Wow, below are two good answers that contradict each other. As usual with this situation, both are a little bit right and a little bit wrong. Not being a big fan of laminate flooring, I did not know that the moldings were available. That sure would be great for "upstairs" stairs like for a split level or 2 story house. It should also make a house with small elevation change, of 1,2 or 3 steps easy to do and look spectacular.

At the same time, John2000's comments have some validity. Laminate flooring can be slippery and it is subject to water damage. If your basement is or once was "The Mother of All Coalbins", it seems like this could be possible. It seems more likely for this to happen in a beach house, also.

I was going to offer a "tiebreaker" but decided not to. None of us have seen the house and the circumstances. We have given the homeowner the info to make a thoughful decision. And that's probably the best thing that we can do for him.

AzFred, do I know you?

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC