> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > 2 cents...
Login | Register

2 cents...

Posted by jb on March 18th, 2002 10:19 AM
In reply to Replacing Oil Furnace by B. Barbaro on March 18th, 2002 09:36 AM [Go to top of thread]

Typically, prices can vary by region and by individual circumstances regarding the configuration of your house, etc. In other words, it depends. Also, the price range that you can possibly get really only depends on what the suppliers and contractors/furnace installers happen to charge that service your area. You can only get the companies in your area do do the install, so it really doesn't matter if companies charge less 200 miles away because they won't come to you to do it. What you should really do is to get the yellow pages and get 3 or 4 prices from different installers. You may choose one that isn't the absolute lowest price if you trust him and don't trust the cheap guy. What can really make the biggest difference is the quality of the job and the service. I always ask all my friends for references and who they know that has a good reputation. If sears sells furnaces I wouldn't call them because they just use local firms for fulfillment anyway and I don't like the way their sales people bluster and fibbed to me (personal opinion).

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC