> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > 1/4 round
Login | Register

1/4 round

Posted by Steve Jones on June 4th, 2000 09:42 AM
In reply to question: " what is quarter round floor board" by John 2000 on June 4th, 2000 03:54 AM [Go to top of thread]

Most floor boards are two parts, the shoe plate and the rounded leading edge called the 1/4 round. it is exactly what is says, one quarter of a round dowel. it comes in several sizes.

It is nailed to the shoe molding to overlap onto the flooring to create a ledge to hide any gaps from the flooring to the actual wall.

Normally, I repeat normally, floor contractors remove both moldings so that they have a margin of error on the floor fit and also for expansion of flooring. Then the shoe goes on then the 1/4 goes on to finish out the job. This can be stained or painted, your wish.


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC