> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > 1,2,3's of removing popcorn ceilings
Login | Register

1,2,3's of removing popcorn ceilings

Posted by GG on April 29th, 2003 09:26 AM
In reply to removal of popcorn ceilings by tom on October 3rd, 2001 08:45 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Popcorn removal Answer by Handyman on 01/30/2008

I just bought a fixer-upper, with lots of popcorn, wallpaper, and wood paneling (not to mention a very ugly kitchen). First thing I want to do is replace the ceilings. am fairly confident I can remove the popcorn myself, but then what do I do? Tape the drywall? Texture and paint? What products and tools should I use? If I have to hire someone to do the taping and texturing, will I have saved any money by removing the popcorn myself (let's just assume I don't wreck or break anything during the removal process)?

This is my first fixer-upper house, I am a grandmother, in great shape, looking forward to the challenge, and I can use all the free how-to-advice I can get. THANKS!!!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC