> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > 1920 SEARS HOUSE
Login | Register

Posted by L Lewis on February 1st, 2003 08:52 PM
In reply to Information on finding about old sears houses. by Robert Wilks on September 13th, 1997 06:59 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Kit Home Information by Handyman on 07/26/2005

I am looking at a house to buy here and I was told it was a Sears, Roebuck built in 1920. It is two story, two large rooms down and two upstairs. Wooden floors and a fireplace in each downstairs rooms. There is a hallway beside the stairs that lead back to another room and a kitchen. The floors are wooden, solid, and it has about 9 foot ceilings. It had tin roof, a porch across the front with four columns and scrolly ornamental things at the top. There is two windows in each room on each side of the front door. the upstairs levels has five windows spaced across the front. At the top of the stairway landing is an atic door looking over the lean too part. The stairway railing is beautiful and the stairs solid. It sorta looks like a Hamilton or Puritan but their are no dormer windows and the roof is tin. The chimneys are not on the out side. THERE ARE NO WINDOWS ON THE ENDS where the chimneys are either. the rooms are really big and square with no closets. I have to option to purchace this house and move my business there too. I am being bought out by the state and I need a home but being a single Mom with not much to invest I need answers now. It does have plaster and clapboard siding. It need lots of repairs to live in. like insulation, water lines repaired and hooked to sewer lines. It has a small bathroom needing lots of repairs which may not have been a part of the original plan. Can anyone help here on my situation would help. I live in a very depressed area in Ky. but would like to keep history alive in my community. Plus I would like to own this house. I cannot find any pics of this house in any of the above mentioned wesites. How can you find out what these houses are worth? I would like the idea of a museum or some historical aspect to preserve this old house but don't know how to go about that either. Our town is very historical in pioneers that came to Ky. befor the Revolution. thanks for any help in advance my email is so you may write me any infor or help you have. thanks again.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC