> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > 15 v 20A
Login | Register

15 v 20A

Posted by Brian (Tankless) Wood. on December 15th, 2000 11:15 AM
In reply to New circuit - 15 amp vs. 20 amd and 14guage vs. 12 guage by Andrew in NY on December 15th, 2000 09:32 AM [Go to top of thread]

Andrew, you're right to dedicate a circuit to your ent' centre. Receptacles are meant to be wired with #12 sheathed electrical cable anyway, so install a 20A breaker.
If you have spare breaker slot, install a 20 amp circuit there, and run your power tools from it. Make sure you run the new garage circuit from the opposite 120 volt leg to the ent' centre circuit. In other words: fit the two new breakers directly above or below each other. This way, your power tools won't interfere with (flicker or blink) your electronic stuff.
By the way, if you visit you will find a large selection of electronic, power- protection equipment. As well as "Power Planners" which reduce electricity use in the home and anywhere AC motors are used. We are distributors, and can give better pricing than the website.
I hope I was able to help some. If you need more precise help, please call me at 800 851 9891.
Regards, Brian.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC