Gas generators can be fatal if you use them inside your home. I don't care if it's in a house with open windows or in the garage with the door open. Just don't do it. As the CPSC reminds us: "Portable gas generators, often used by consumers to restore power to their homes and businesses in the aftermath of a storm, produce high levels of deadly carbon monoxide (CO)." CPSC warns consumers that generators should be used outdoors only, far from doors, windows and vents that could allow CO to come indoors." This reminder is especially important during hurricane season.