A do-it-yourself online home energy audit that provides local information? I tried it myself and found it somewhat lacking. The questions around my appliance selections and improvements already completed were not sufficiently in depth to give me a true calculation of energy savings, but it does provide a lot of great ideas for those who have not made any energy saving upgrades in the past few years. Do your own online energy saving audit here.
Or check out renovateyourworld.com's article on home energy audits for the the do-it-yourselfer and then pick up some tips on making your home more energy efficient here.
What have you done to increase your home's efficiency? Let us know in the comments section below.
1. Radiant barrier installed August 2002
2. Insulation in attic overlaid brought to R-42 in November 2002
3. Replaced old heat pumps with 15 Seer units June 2003
4. Replaced windows September 2006
5. CFL lights throughout the house June 2007 - exceptions: six lights with dimmers
6. Installed Metlund d'mand hot water delivery pumps August 2008
In 2001 our annual total Kwh usage was 25212
In 2008 our annual total Kwh usage was 16009