We can admit that not everyone wants tools for the holidays. And often we get stuck bringing a generic bottle of wine or flowers to Great Aunt Jean who is hosting Christmas dinner this year. Need some better ideas when heading to the holiday parties this season? We did too. That's why we came up with this list:
1. A Tool Tote: For $10 it speaks of your love for home repair and creativity. Just insert a festive plant or bottle of Champagne and you've combined the holidays with one of your (and hopefully her) favorite hobbies.
2. Breakfast for the Morning: No host likes to wake up the next morning and have to decide what to eat for breakfast. For $7 you can relieve them from that concern with Ina Garten's (aka The Barefoot Contessa) pancake and waffle mix. Combine with some OJ and Champagne and you've just solved their second problem: how to handle the hangover.
3. Vintage Notebooks: If your host likes to keep lists or journal, this is a very thoughtful gift (for only $13) that will surely get you first dibs at the hors d'oeuvres platter.
4. Peppermint Hot Chocolate:It's the gift that most people won't buy themselves, but loves to indulge in. For $20, you can be the saint who gives it to them.
5. Chenille Throw: What holiday host doesn't want to take the next day to recuperate? One way to help her heal is with a cozy, soft blanket she can curl up with and relax. For $59, it's her holiday and hosting gift in one. Plus, she'll be singing your praises as her stress melts away the next day. And don't we all love when our praises are sung?