The close proximity to the crib that the monitors were placed led to two infants becoming strangled in the monitors' power cord.
These horrible incidents are a reminder to parents of infants to take great care when arranging devices and electronic gadgets in the baby's room. I know a number of parents who use sound machines to lull their babies to sleep -- objects such as these should be kept far from the crib to avoid similar strangulation risks.
My heart goes out to the parents of the infants who lost their lives. The only solace to be taken is that their loss, and the subsequent recall, may have saved the lives of many more.