Where can I find low-income housing?Where can I find a housing counselor?Where can I find monetary assistance for my remodel or new home purchase? Where can I find a subsidized apartment?
HUD, the US Department of Housing and Urban Development offers the most complete information on low income, assisted living, elder care, remodeling grants and other housing related assistance programs.
To speak with a housing counselor in your area call (800) 569-4287 or (888) 466-3487. They will direct you the nearest qualified local organization with the resources to help you find information on buying, renting, defaults and foreclosures, reverse mortgages and other strategies to achieve assisted or independent living.
If you are looking for a subsidized apartment click here.
If you are looking for information on grants click here.
The top 100 questions you should ask yourself and others before buying a home including these subjects:
- Getting Started
- Finding the right home
- What to do when you find the right home
- Basic Steps to financing your home
- The first steps in securing financing
- What is the best loan for me?
- How do I close on a house?
- How can HUD and the FHA help me become a homeowner?
- Do I need mortgage insurance?
- What are FHA loans?